Research for Credit

Students can get academic credit for undergraduate research by registering for CHEM UN3098 Supervised Independent Research. Generally, students register for 4 credits as this will fulfill one of the requirements of the Chemistry major. You will be expected to commit the same number of hours to research as you would for any other 4 credit class, around 12-16 hours per week throughout the entire semester. You need to obtain permission from your faculty sponsor and Dr. Gasperov to register for UN3098. At the end of the semester, you will be required to present a poster of your research results at a poster session for all UN3098 students.